Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Two Poems by Changming Yuan


Last Meet with My First Love

meeting you face to face
you seem to hide yourself
behind a fog in another world

separated by the pacific in between
you often look like the flower
blooming on my window ledge

have a blue dream
and you will see a little cloud
drifting around like me
near that borderline

I have packed up your entire being tightly
into my backpack, the luggage
I cannot consign, or sent by mail
but carry it with me
close to my chest
for all the unknown years ahead



Valentine Gift

A
Single
Rose
Exchanging
For
A
Whole
Lifetime



Changming Yuan, 8-time Pushcart nominee and author of 5 chapbooks (including Kinship [2015] and The Origin of Letters [2015], is the most widely published poetry author who speaks Chinese but writes English.  Growing up in a remote village, Changming began to learn the English alphabet at 19 and published monographs on translation before moving to Canada.  With a PhD in English, Changming currently co-edits Poetry Pacific with Allen Qing Yuan in Vancouver and, since mid-2005, has had poetry appearing in 1049 literary journals/anthologies across 34 countries, including Best Canadian Poetry, BestNewPoemsOnline, Cincinnati Review and Threepenny Review.




No comments:

Post a Comment