Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Poem by Ken L. Jones

Picture Painted Upon An Exploding Canvass That Had Ripped Its Chest Open

I do not expect to be happy on this earth ever again
I have a slow blue Miles Davis trumpet solo
That echoes in my very blood
I have broken every heart that I ever cared if they beat
And now I am all aches and pains and overcome with grief
Consumed at every turn by a world that will not leave me alone
No place to turn no help to phone
And wanting only a death that never seems to come
But is more and more desired with the rising of every newborn sun.



Ken L. Jones has written everything from Donald Duck comic books to dialogue for the Freddy Krueger movies for the past thirty years.  In the last three years he has gained great notice for his vast publication of horror poetry which has appeared in many anthology books, blogs, magazines and websites and especially in his first solo book of poetry Bad Harvest and Other Poems.  He is also publishing recently in the many fine anthology poetry books that Kind of a Hurricane Press is putting out.


No comments:

Post a Comment