Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Poem by Samantha Seto

Vodka

The dark green bottle
impairs my wasted mind.
Midnight in our lamplit kitchen,
nothing relieves aftertaste.
 
I wear a stained black dress,
memories of the dinner party scar me.
Run to extreme ways of life,
every moment counts.

The promises we made,
at the ache of an angel's breath,
mirror dead dancers in silence.

My heart embraces the night,
we race like raindrops in desert winds,
moments past in love,
trace of my imagination.
 
Blink, liquor burns my skin.
Awaken from nightmares,
drift between consciousness.
Chaotic resolve.
 
 
Samantha Seto is a writer. She have been published in various anthologies including Ceremony, Soul Fountain, Carcinogenic Poetry, and Black Magnolias Journal. She is a third prize poetry winner of the Whispering Prairie Press contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment